We have some exciting news! Starting Monday, March 9th, 2020, Intermountain Pet Hospital will be the first veterinary hospital in the Treasure Valley to offer telemedicine for pets.
Not all situations are appropriate for a telemedicine consult. There are some criteria that need to be met to be able to schedule telemedicine consults. Please read below to understand if and when to schedule this type of appointment.
- Types of appointments that can not be scheduled as telemedicine include:
- Any emergency
- Labored breathing
- Straining or inappropriate urination
- Lameness (orthopedic)
- Neurologic symptoms
- Cases that are good candidates for a telemedicine consult are:
- Chronic disease management
- Reproduction consults
- Kennel cough cases
- Situations where an owner can not come in (be aware that a doctor may still recommend an in-person appointment, and that that would be a separate exam fee)
- Telemedicine can only be scheduled over the phone with one of our client care representatives
- These are 20-minute consults
- Payment is required at the time of scheduling. It can be made over the phone when the appointment is scheduled
- A client care representative will discuss at the time of scheduling how you want to be reached. You have the option of:
- Phone call
- FaceTime - requires an apple iPhone, iPad or Apple computer
- Skype - requires an account and either an Android or Apple device
Our goal is to provide the best and most convenient care possible for your pet. Please don't hesitate to contact either of our locations or chat with a representative from our website about telemedicine consults.