Custodial staff is responsible for the cleanliness of the hospital and lodge as well as light grounds keeping.
Minimum age requirement is 18 years old.
High school degree or in the process of attaining.
Animal care background is desirable, but not required.
- Genuinely enjoys working with animals and is able to deal with them even when they are stressed, ill or in pain.
- Is courteous and understands the importance of creating a great customer experience
- Can work unaffected in an environment where dogs are barking.
- Physical Effort: Work requires lifting and carrying animals and food bags (will be assisted by other staff members in lifting over 40 lbs). Walks or stands for extended periods or time; frequently works in a bent position.
- Working conditions: May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises and animal feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases.
The wage for this position is $8.50-$10.00/hr
Benefits are outlined in the employee manual and are separate from the hourly wage.
- Can follow a regular schedule for cleaning and sanitizing all cages, runs, wards and related areas.
- Understands the importance of prioritizing tasks and keeps oneself busy and productive during work shifts.
- Can maintain laundry for hospital.
- Maintains the grounds of the property including waste disposal, light maintenance of landscape upkeep and general building maintenance.
- Cleans equipment and facilities using chemicals and supplies; understands the importance of safety of use of chemicals in our facility.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the hospital each day.
- Understands and carries out the weekly and monthly chore list to maintain the hospital cleanliness, the equipment, and overall appearance of the hospital.
- Understands and carries out oral and written directions.
- Maintains positive, cooperative relationships with other employees.
- Able to lift up to 40lbs
If you've got what it takes to be a day custodian, apply today.